2nd Shift Supervisor Pharmacist – Full Time
It is the expectation that a candidate will successfully lead the overall shift staff working at the CPS central pharmacy location in expanding their current understanding of the operation while working to further enhance existing procedures.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Supervise staff pharmacists to understand processes and communication necessary to provide accurate medications and timely delivery.
- Supervise workflow for optimum accuracy and efficiency.
- Primary Point of Contact for shift crisis management. Evaluate / Reconcile / Report Out and Up
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the staff pharmacists working at the central pharmacy location while keeping Pharmacy Operations Manager , Director of Pharmacy or Compliance Officer informed of issues/concerns/suggestions for improvement.
- Work closely with Pharmacy Operations Manager and Director of Pharmacy on continued quality improvement of the operation.
- Develop a strong relationship with department lead positions (data entry, filling and shipping) and work with Operations Managers and department leads to continually develop policy and procedures that best improve the CPS operation.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive mechanism for reporting on medication errors and update if business conditions warrant it.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive system for tracking productivity and update if business conditions warrant it.
- Cultivate relationships with key nursing home personnel (DON, ADON, and Administrator) to assist the staff in responding and resolving any issues.
- Effectively process, dispense or assist in the dispensing of medications on a daily basis to adequately satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Develop a working knowledge of the CIPS (corrections division), Framework (long term care / behavioral health) computer software system , Docutrac (document storage system) and various Electronic Health Record Systems in order to:
- Process prescription orders, with timely submission to third party insurance companies to assure successful reimbursement.
- Provide accurate patient profiles and medication administration
- Monitor drug file for accuracy
- Print necessary reports to meet Pharmacy State Board requirements
- Train new staff members on the system
- Understand and adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines for all business lines.
- Develop a good working relationship with pharmacists in other areas of the company to foster a team approach in assuring that operations are running successfully.
- Mentor with Central RPh Manager/ Educator for ongoing management training and create goals to strengthen department and staff.
- Communicate information needed to next shift supervisor to ensure optimum workflow
- You must have the ability to work Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
Additional Requirements of the Role Include:
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy or Compliance Officer
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation
- Creat a comfortable atmosphere for fellow employees by maintaing the CPS Code of Conduct
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be actively licensed as a Pharmacist in Pennsylvania in good standing
- Customer service experience
Previous Long Term Care pharmacy experience preferred
To apply, please email your resume to Eileen Dumin at firstname.lastname@example.org