Part Time Pharmacist
It is the expectation that a successful candidate will work with other pharmacists and technicians in all areas relating to the day to day operation of the pharmacy lab area.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 2:30pm-11pm. Holiday coverage would also be required.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Read and understand the pharmacy policies and procedures to assure that the day-to-day processing of prescription orders is done accurately and efficiently.
- Effectively process, dispense or assist in the dispensing of medications (Ex: control medication, IV’s, compounds, etc…) on a daily basis to adequately satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Process prescription orders, with timely submission to third-party insurance companies to assure successful reimbursement.
- Monitor drug file for accuracy
- Print necessary reports to meet Pharmacy State Board requirements
- Assist with training new staff members on the system
- Assist the pharmacy manager and technicians in the data entry input of orders and ancillary nursing home information (MO’s) into the computer system to assure that medical records are accurate and printed timely according to the schedule set by the home.
- Knowledgeable about 3rd party billing to individual insurance plans – Medicaid, Medicare, Hospice; bill correct A/R accounts. Answer questions about 3rd party billing to responsible parties adhering to HIPPA guidelines.
- Promote customer service relations and assist the staff in responding and resolving any issues, including medication clarifications using proper documentation of communication.
- Review and/or discuss medication therapies when requested.
- Develop a good working relationship with pharmacists in other areas of the company to foster a team approach in assuring that operations are running successfully.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Lead Pharmacist, Director of Pharmacy or Compliance Officer
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Understand and adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines for all business lines
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation
- Create a comfortable atmosphere for fellow employees by maintaining the Pharmacy’s Code of Conduct
This job operates in a cubicle office environment and requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. This job also operates in an environment which requires standing or walking to storage shelves.use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. This job also operates in an environment which requires standing or walking to storage shelves.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. This position may require sitting or standing for the duration of the shift. Also, the ability to see distinctions in colors and shapes is also required. Additionally, at times, this position is moderately active and requires grabbing, lifting/carrying (up to 40 lbs), standing, stooping, bending, reaching and walking for the duration of the shift.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be actively licensed as a Pharmacist in Pennsylvania in good standing
- Customer service experience
- Previous Long Term Care pharmacy experience preferred
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Eileen Dumin at email@example.com