The Fulfillment Lead position is a key role at Contract Pharmacy Services (CPS). In collaboration with the other operations leads and managers, this role is responsible for the daily successful execution of product to the customer across the business lines of Corrections and Long-Term Care. This role also assists to some level with the successful execution of Behavioral Health. This position supports operations on second shift and reports directly to the Fulfillment Manager.
- Attain proficiency in all fulfillment processes within the pharmacy including automated packaging machines, sterile and non-sterile compounding (including IV medications), and controlled substances according to pharmacy procedures.
- Achieve a clear understanding of all aspects of pharmacy workflow with a consideration and respect for how all the elements of the process fit together.
- Serve as primary trainer for new fulfillment employees on documented operational processes as well as retrain existing staff on any changes in core processes. Ensure process continuity and enforcement across all fulfillment staff. There is also an expectation to suggest changes to existing processes when appropriate.
- Maximize the utilization of staff resources on an individual, shift and overall basis using metrics. The Fulfillment Lead must possess the ability to consider metrics along with feel when making productivity recommendations.
- Problem solve and strategize with other team leaders/department heads for overall pharmacy issues and concerns. Fulfillment Lead would interact with Pharmacists, Data Entry, Billing, Inventory, IT, HR and Business Development to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining regulatory requirements and processes.
- Effectively communicate technical requirement needs to IT and Fulfillment Team for resolution. Ability to adapt processes until issue is resolved and stay ahead of technical and consumable needs.
- Manage direct reports. Fulfillment Lead is expected to conduct quarterly evaluations, conduct disciplinary action conversations, approve PTO requests and manage schedules to ensure that productivity is not compromised in conjunction with the Fulfillment Manager. Additionally, the Fulfillment Lead is accountable for building strong work teams and helping develop employees for greater job satisfaction and retention.
- Understand, embrace and exemplify CPS’ Core Values – be a Team Player, be Committed to Quality, be Customer Focused and be a Solution Seeker.
- Leadership qualities with an emphasis on building relationships and teams with empathy and collaboration.
- An analytical and intellectually curious spirit with the desire to understand how things work, investigate alternatives when needed and recommend solutions.
- Be adaptable to change and lead a large team through change initiatives based on business needs.
- A self-starter/initiator looking to elevate the fulfillment team and the larger company.
- Proficient at Word and Outlook
- Email usage and etiquette
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with technology as the position requires use of multiple pharmacy information systems
Preferred Work Experience:
- High school graduate
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Leadership experience managing multiple employees
The position requires standing as well as sitting throughout the day. Job demands require flexibility between desk work as well as walking the building and interacting with staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. The ability to see distinctions in colors and shapes is also required as it is crucial to medication identification. The position may have to step in and work on behalf of a Fulfillment Technician on occasion and as result could require standing for multiple hours.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Eileen Dumin at email@example.com