Contract Pharmacy Services (CPS), a leader in customized pharmacy management services, is looking for a Billing Representative to join our pharmacy team.
Over the last 4 decades, CPS has become a leader in institutional pharmacy by recognizing and responding to the changing requirements of the industry by helping our clients reduce the amount of time spent on the manual processing and transfer of information. This success is directly related to our dedicated employees, including our Billing Representatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a growing team, using your Long Term Care Pharmacy Billing experience, this is the role for you!
To coordinate billing functions and perform a variety of tasks such as: accurately preparing pharmacy invoices for behavioral health consumers and long-term care facilities based on required timelines, handling payments and updating financial records.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Process Insurance claims to ensure accurate billing and proper reimbursement
- Verify the accuracy of claims and resolve rejected claims timely
- Coordinate and distribute proper documentation for prior authorizations and non-formulary claims
- Review and update daily census information received from facilities
- Evaluate, analyze and verify dates of service and billed amounts on a daily basis
- Post payments received for customers and facilities
- Process returns according to policy and procedures
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to all billing and customer service inquiries
- Perform month end processes in preparation for billing close
- Performs other duties as assigned
Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate competency with standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including a basic understanding of email, intranet and computer navigation. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
Ability to work full time four weekdays 10:00am-6:30pm and every Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Additional requirements of the role include:
Minimum 1 to 2 years of pharmacy or related billing experience
Knowledge of Insurance payers, including Medicaid, is a plus
Customer service experience
Must be able to work independently and with a team
Previous retail pharmacy experience is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including a 401 (k) Retirement Plan with a matching employer contribution. Profit share and performance bonuses are also possible! If you are an ambitious and highly motivated individual, then this is the opportunity for you.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Eileen Dumin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Pharmacy Services is an equal opportunity employer.